HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Christopher Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:17:00 -0400
James,
    Your post sounds like a concise, brief summary of iron working in the
late 18th and early 19 centuries.  I would like to learn more about
recognition of things such as hammer scale, fayalitic slag, etc.  Is there a
source or series of sources you could post to the list which would bring
those of us only vaguely familiar with the process, products, and
by-products up to speed (or at least closer)?

    Chris Murphy
    Augusta State University