HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:09:24 -0400
I hope your suggestion was at least partially in jest, but suspect it
was not. Here in Virginia we sponsor the Boy Scout Jamboree every few
years at Ft AP Hill. One of the merit badges offered is in
Archaeology (with assistance from the Archeological Soc of Virginia).
Rather than limiting the access of the Boy Scouts to public land, a
better idea would be for more archaeologists to train scouts. Troops
are pretty responsive to meaningful programs.