From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:34:46 -0500
Keith Malone wrote:

>>Sorry to those who are trying to make a case for a fictitious new bee
>>strain for whatever bizarre reason
>
>It is not bizarre
> that there might be a new bee to be proven indigenous to America but if
> proven it would change many recent studies and politics present today.

Actually, it would be bizarre since there were plenty of observers of a
scientific bent before the Europeans came here. There would have been,
as there are where Apis abounds, records of the bee.

Instead, there are plenty of records of native bees. And were we not
talking about Florida? That would make it more bizarre.

I think the problem has been solved in that it seems many bees forage at
night if there is something to forage. It has nothing to do with a new bee.

The argument that bees do not fly at night because we do not see them do
so in in our locations, only says there is no nectar source available at
night or it is too cold to fly.

Or there is good TV on.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine