Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:20:36 -0800
You have just opened the door to a new world for me!

  Any list of the younger generation of composers would be of great interest. While I have had access to older recordings on the Festa label and others and the recent releases of the music of Santoro and Guarnieri, there seems to be little available of composers like Widmer, Cardoso, Oliveira et al.

  Karl

Edson Tadeu Ortolan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Karl Miller ask:

>Are there many Brazilian composers writing art music, opera, chamber
>music, symphonic music, etc. these days and are there recordings
>available?

The answer is YES.

We have a five hundred of History of the Music since Colonial Age (with
masses, marches and music court - the Brazilian territory was ocupied
by Portuguese, Spanish, Holland, French and English Empires) to present
day (with intense symphonic activity and electro-acoustical music). The
sites below show a little of the Brazilian Music (in all have recordings
of the Brazilian composers to sell):

- ACADEMIA BRASILEIRA DE MUSICA (Brazilian Academy of Music):
http://www.abmusica.org.br/

- CENTRO DE DOCUMENTACAO DE MUSICA CONTEMPORANEA (Center of Documentation
of Contemporary Music): http://www.unicamp.br/cdmc/

- ORQUESTRA SINFONICA BRASILEIRA (BRAZILIAN SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA):
http://www.osb.com.br/

- ORQUESTRA SINFONICA DO ESTADO DE SAO PAULO - OSESP (Symphonic Orchestra
of State of Sao Paulo): http://www.osesp.art.br/home.aspx

- ORQUESTRA SINFONICA MUNICIPAL DE CAMPINAS (Symphonic Orchestra of the
City of Campinas): http://www.sinfonicadecampinas.com.br/2006/default.asp

- MUSEU VILLA-LOBOS (Villa-Lobos Museum): http://www.museuvillalobos.org.br/

- VIVA MUSICA! (Long Life, Music!): http://www.vivamusica.com.br/

- REVISTA CLASSICOS (Classics Review): http://www.concerto.com.br/index.htm

I'm a teacher of History of Music and I make to my pupils one list of
the more importants Brazilians composers (I need translate to English).
Do you want?

Edson Tadeu Ortolan