From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:05:11 -0700
Bob Harrison writes:
I am often asked about AHB. I always caution people about
swarms in areas of AHB.  In the U.S. you can not tell the
difference by looking except AHB swarms will greet you with
stings many times before you ever approach the swarm and
also while the swarm is  flying.

Reply:
Bob I am surprised that people would ask you this as you
don't live in a supposed AHB area. A am more surprised that
you know how the ferals supposedly act down here in the
southern part of the USA.

I myself have never seen a swarm react that way in all my
years except when something is actively being done to rile
them, like sharp shot of water to them, or pesiticdes, or
hitting with whatever is handy, or someone just out to get
on TV to promote swarm removal for the monetary returns.
And this only when clustered or established, just like
supposed european honeybees. As for doing it while the
swarm is flying???? sure........so what else do you assume
about them, as here we go with the assuming by someone not
in the area but listening instead to hype and whatever.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Moyza, Arizona