ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sandra Murriello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:19:53 -0300

Dear Lindsey
In Brazil we have developed, an itinerant exhibition called NanoAdventure, that deals with the nanoscience and nanotechnology. It is based on performances, videos and electronic games.

  * Approx size 240 m2
* Intended target audience: children and teenagers (9-14)
* Main topics / themes covered within the field : size and scale, structure of the matter, principles of nanotechnology, nanotechnology in Brazil.
* Date of exhibit opening / Duration of program. The exhibition was opened in April, 2005 and is still opened.
* Visitor number statistics, budget, etc (if this information is
available). More than 25. 000 people have already visited the NanoAdventure.
  We have been developing an evaluation study of the exhibition and ´d be interested in share with you our experience.
   Please, see further details at
http://www.mc.unicamp.br/nanoaventura or http://www.nanoaventura.org.br
and feel free to contact me or if you have any further question.
Yours sincerely,

  Sandra Murriello

Regan Forrest <[log in to unmask]> escreveu:

(Apologies for multiple postings, also please feel free to forward this
on to anyone who might be able to help)

I am currently doing some background research on exhibits and programs,
both past and present, which have focused on Nanoscience /
Nanotechnology.

Do you have such an exhibition / program in your own institution, or do
you know of one?

I would like to prepare some baseline facts and figures to start with,
for instance:

* Venue
* Approx size
* Intended target audience
* Main topics / themes covered within the field
* Date of exhibit opening / Duration of program
* Visitor number statistics, budget, etc (if this information is
available)

I need to gather this information in quite a tight timescale - I'd
appreciate any info / feedback you can offer!

Also, I'd like to take a selection of replies and have a follow-up, more
in-depth discussion about the exhibit / program, how it worked, what was
successful, etc. Please let me know if you are in a position to
participate in such a discussion, which would take the form of a brief
(~15 minute) phone call or email 'interview', whichever you would
prefer.

Thank you!

Ms Regan Forrest
Senior Consultant (Interpretation)
Haley Sharpe Design
Tel: +44 116 242 9018 / +44 7748 654 235