ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bill Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:57:49 -0400

I hope the subscribers to ISEN can help me with a search for some specific
information. I am trying to find the email contact information for the lead
education officer at each ASTC member institution, such as the VP, Director,
Manager, or Curator of Education. The person doesn't have to have a specific
title, though, as long as he or she is the "top" education person at the
institution.

I'm developing this list as the first step toward drawing a random sample
for a web-based survey about education programs. So far, I have been able to
find, on science center websites, email contact information for 150 people.
The institutions for 170 of the 202 lead educators that I do not have are
listed below this message, in alphabetical order. A second email will follow
this one with about 30 institutions listed, in alphabetical order. (ISEN
will not allow a post of more than 250 lines.)

If you are the lead educator at one of these institutions, I would
appreciate it if you would help me complete this list by sending me your
email address *off list* at [log in to unmask]

If you are not the lead educator, but have contact information for that
person, I would appreciate it if you would either: a) send me the contact
information if you think the person would be comfortable with your doing so,
or b) send this message to the person so that he or she can decide whether
or not to respond.

Thank you for your help.

Bill

Bill Watson
The George Washington University
Graduate School of Education and Human Development

A.C. Gilbert's Discovery Village
Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum
Adventure Science Center
Alabama Nature Center
Alden B. Dow Museum of Science & Art
Alfred P. Sloan Museum
Anniston Museum of Natural History
Astronaut Memorial Planetarium & Observatory
Bakken Library and Museum
Berkshire Museum
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
Boston Children's Museum
Bradbury Science Museum, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Brevard Museum of Art and Science
Brooklyn Children's Museum
Buffalo Museum of Science
Building for Kids
California Science Center
Cape Fear Museum
Carnegie Science Center
Castle Science & Technology Center
Catawba Science Center
CDC/Global Health Odyssey Museum
Center for Agricultural Science & Heritage Inc.
Center for Science & Math Education/Museum of Natural Science
Center for Science Teaching & Learning
Center for Water Education
Charlotte County Historical Center
Chicago Children's Museum
Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose
Children's Museum of Indianapolis
Children's Museum of Maine
Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Children's Museum of the Three Rivers
Children's Science Explorium
Christa McAulliffe Planetarium
Cincinnati Museum Center
Clark Planetarium
Columbia Memorial Space Science Learning Center
COSI Toledo
Coyote Point Museum for Environmental Education
Cranbrook Institute of Science
Dallas Museum of Natural History
DaVinci Discovery Center of Science and Technology
Delaware Museum of Natural History
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Discovery Center at Murfree Spring
Discovery Center for Science and Technology
Discovery Center of Idaho, Inc.
Discovery Science and Outdoor Center
Discovery Science Center
Discovery Science Place
Discovery Station at Hagerstown, Inc.
Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin
Discovery World--James Lovell Museum of Science, Economics, & Technology
Dolan DNA Learning Center
Downing Planetarium
Durham Science Discovery Center
East Kentucky Science Center
East Tennessee Discovery Center
EcoTarium
EdVenture, Inc.
Evergreen Aviation Museum
Exploration Place, Inc.
ExplorationWorks
Exploratorium
Exploris
Explorit Science Center
Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium
Family Museum of Arts and Science
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory--Leon M. Lederman Science Education
Center
Fernbank Science Center
Field Museum of Natural History
Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium
Flint Children's Museum
Florida Air Museum at Sun 'n Fun
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
Four Corners School of Outdoor Education
Gillespie Museum
Grout Museum District: Bluedorn Science Imaginarium
Hall of Health
Hands On! Regional Museum
Hands-On Science Center
Happy Holow Park & Zoo
Headwaters Science Center
Health Adventure, Inc.
Highlands Museum & Discovery Center, Inc.
Hook's Discovery and Learning Center
Humboldt State University Natural History Museum
Huntington Botanical Gardens
Imaginarium Hands-On Museum
Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii
Impression 5 Science Center
Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites
Information Age Learning Center
Insights El Paso Science Museum
International Museum of Surgical Science
International Wildlife Museum
Iron Hill Museum/Delaware Academy of Science
Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Kirby Science Discovery Center
Kirkpatrick Science and Air Space Museum at Omniplex
Lafayette Natural History Museum & Planetarium
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Liberty Science Center
Lied Discovery Children's Museum
Long Island Museum of Science and Technology
Long Island Science Center
Louisiana Art and Science Museum
Louisiana Children's Museum
Marian Koshland Science Museum
Mayborn Planetarium & Space Theater
McDonald Observatory Visitor's Center
Mid-America Science Museum
Minnetrista
MOBIUS
Monterey Bay Aquarium
MOSI (Museum of Science & Industry)
Mount Washington Observatory
Muncie Children's Museum
Museum of Arts & Sciences
Museum of Aviation Flight & Technology Center
Museum of Discovery & Science, Inc.
Museum of Life and Science
Museum of Nature and Science, Dallas
Museum of Science & History of Jacksonville, Inc.
Museum of Science and Industry
National Atomic Museum
National Center for Atmospheric Research/UCAR
National Children's Museum
National Geographic Museum at Explorers Hall
National Health Museum
National Inventors Hall of Fame
National Plastics Center and Museum
National Radio Astronomy Observatory
National Renewable Energy Laboratory Visitors Center
Natural Science Center of Greensboro, Inc
New Detroit Science Center
New Jersey Center for Life Science
New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
New York Botanical Garden
New York Transit Museum
Newark Museum
North Carolina Museum of Forestry
North Carolina Transportation Museum Foundation
North Museum of Natural History and Science
Notebaert Nature Museum
Ocean Institute
Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig and Museum
Omniplex
Orlando Science Center
Owensboro Museum of Science and History
Palo Alto Junior Museum & Zoo
Palouse Discovery Science Center
Pink Palace Family of Museums
Pioneer Ridge Science Education Center
Prospect Park Wild Life Center
Putnam Museum
Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
Roberson Museum and Science Center
Rochester Museum & Science Center
Russell C. Davis Planetarium
San Diego Natural History Museum
Schenectady Museum & Suits-Bueche Planetarium
Science Center of Iowa & SCI IMAX Dome Theater
Science City at Union Station
Science Discovery Center of Oneonta
Science Museum of Western Virginia
Science Spectrum