ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:14:21 -0400

Having just returned from the Visitor Studies Association conference, I
feel quite recharged and excited about this group. I highly encourage you
to contact VSA and ask them to suggest researchers/evaluators/exhibit
developers who meet your needs. Incorporating the visitor's voice and
soliciting feedback to your exhibit ideas will create better exhibits as
you'll be better able to bridge between your visitor's knowledge and your
exhibit concepts.

Contact Randy Roberts, Association Manager, at [log in to unmask]

Their web site is www.visitorstudies.org

Good luck

Diane Gutenkauf

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:39:34 -0700, Michele Laverty <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
>Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related
institutions.
***

>We are in the process of developing exhibits for our upcoming science
center and are in need of some assistance.  Does anyone have experience
involving groups or individuals in the exhibit design process?   Have you
used a contest to gather ideas?  Do you have a sample contract you can
share which was used in the process?  Any suggestions on how this has
worked or what doesn't work?

>We have had some suggestions to involve university students in the
process and want to make sure we have thought through the process to
ensure we recognize their contributions and avoid any future legal
ramifications.