ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kristie Mazzoni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:41:35 -0400

I get mine at Discount School Supply: www.discountschoolsupply.com.
They are $4.99 for 500 in a multi-color pack.  The beads change almost
instantly and return to white as soon as they are away from the
sunshine.  The last time I did the activity, I also bought
glow-in-the-dark beads (also $4.99 from the same place) so that when we
came back inside to the planetarium the bracelets would glow green.  I'm
not sure that aspect has as much scientific value.  I just liked the
dual use.

Kristie M. Mazzoni
Assistant Planetarium Director
Gengras Planetarium
The Children's Museum
(formerly The Science Center of Connecticut)
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford CT 06119

(860) 231-2830 x24