ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
WAYNE LABAR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2006 09:45:11 -0400

Cliff

Maybe because I am cranky today (needing to work on a beautiful day here
in NJ) but there are exhibits where your solution is not feasible. If
you are giving several independent audience members the opprotunity to
use an exhibit from basically the same interaction point it is
impossible to focus the sound so that there is no/little interference.
Or if it is feasible it is done a much larger cost.

On the point, I am wondering the use need for wireless since my guess
you would neeed to tether them anyway still resulting in the tangled
cord issue, no?  I do think we are headed to wrieless future anyway in a
few years so probably a this quesion will be redundant.

Finally we have found personal audio to be a group activity in contrast
to the "young upstart" viewpoint. We use cell phone technology and have
found people using their "speaker phone" option to share audio with
others. Now I would add the audio in this instance is not the main
avenue of getting content but rather an added bonus.

Wayne

Wayne J LaBar
Vice President, Exhibitions and Theaters
Liberty Science Center - Exhibits
285 West Side Avenue
Suite 268
Jersey City, NJ 07305