HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

"paul.courtney2" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:50:54 +0000
One possibility is that its a  sweet heart. Such items are often one
offs and such a shell could have held a lock of hair for instance. Which
reminds me of the US 5th Army badge my wife
 recently found in my mum's sewing box  - apparently she served on
attachment from the British services with them for 2 years in the 1940s
in Sicily which was news to me. Given Wednesday was St Paul's day it
reminds me of some stuff about  "through a  glass darkly".

paul courtney
leicester