From:
Lionel Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:42:52 +0800
Eric Schissel wrote:

>I'm confused.  Hough may very well have told one of our contributors,
>during an interview, that he has not yet performed the Scharwenka 4th in
>concert, though he intends to.  Bob Orr, however, in a recent netnews post,
>claims to have heard Hough play the work with the Indianapolis symphony
>a few years ago.  Who's right?

OK, I took a second hearing at the interview we had, and it's quite
possible that Hough's words can be interpreted in another way, which is,
that he had only played the Scharwenka once in public before when he went
into the studios to record the work.  But I'm not convinced that this is
the way to look at it.  I thought -- and reported to this List -- that he
said that up till that point when we were talking to each other, he had
only played the Scharwenka in public just once.  Anyway, I'll double-check
with Hough and get back to you on this one.

Lionel Choi
Singapore
http://www.singnet.com.sg/~lionelc/dummies.html