From:
Miguel Muelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:36:38 -0500
Hi, and welcome, Fernando Gobbi, who wrote:

>So every night he put a tape recording down the chimney of Wanda Lanowski
>(some name lika that)playing this very noisy tinkly piano, like it had
>tacks on the strings.  It drove us crazy!

Must have been her Goldberg Variations on the harpsichord.  I think it was
Sir Adrian Boult described the harpsichord as the sound of two skeletons
copulating on a tin roof.

>all by himself.  That's good for a singer, no? That Domingo fella is pretty
>good, too,but his Italian sounds funny to me and it's like he sings
>everything with a Puerto Rican accent.  I think he is from San Juan.

Placido Domingo is from Spain, and I thought his Italian to be pretty good.
He also lives in Mexico.  Not Puerto Rican, I'm afraid.  I'd take him over
Pavarotti anyday.  (So would my wife...  ;o)

>Pollini - my friend Pauly (we call him "no neck") took me to the Carnegie
>Hall over there on 7th avenus.  What a place that is!  Beautiful.  So this
>guy Pollini - a real Italian, but not Sicilian- he plays beautiful!

Yes.  I cut my Chopin teeth on his Etudes and Preludes.  I haven't heard
his Beethoven.  A great musician.

>out in the garage.  OK, I gotta go now because my wife she's screaming at
>me and dinner is getting cold.  Smells good - she makes tonight a linguine
>tuttomare.  OK bye.

You wouldn't have to call me twice for that -- or any meal, for that
matter!  So welcome to the list.  One thing -- I can't help thinking you
almost sound TOO Italian -- but I suppose there's never too much of a good
thing ;o).

Buon Apetito!
Miguel Muelle
mailto:[log in to unmask]