From:
Anuradha Sivagurunathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:25:51 +0800
Last Friday I attended a concert at the Philharmonic Hall in Kuala Lumpur,
featuring soloist Peter Jablonski who performed Grieg's Piano Concerto in
Am.  I was quite disappointed....it didn't sound like a Grieg work (or what
I would expect from Grieg from regular dosages of piano works, Peer Gynt,
and symphonic dances).....but I also felt that the pianist wasn't inspired.
Can anyone recommend a recording that might make me pleasantly suprised
????

BTW - any Singaporeans on the list who've heard the Malaysian Philharmonic
Orchestra in action????

PS - this Friday and Saturday it's Trevor Pinnock and the English Concert
with heaps of Boyce's works.....unfortunately I can't stand the sticky
sweetness of Boyce....BTW aside from Grove is there anywhere where I can
get some nitty gritty interesting details about this composer - apparently
Handel stole some of his works and reworked them ( any truth in this??)

Cheers, and Happy Chinese New Year.....Xin Ying Kwai le
anu