ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:38:15 -0700
8bit
From:
Elib Crist-Dwyer <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Dennis,

I think all of this focus on the definition of a planet is
wonderful.  If they were dicussing other astronomical
discoveries I'm sure we wouldn't be hearing about it in the
news, and defintly not on the evening programs.  I've had more
conversations with our visitors about the solar system in the
last week, and it's great for people to see that science is
forever changing and that when we find new information our
definitions of things can change.
The latest decision is going to get people talking about the
universe, instead of American Idol... this is good. :)

Elib Crist-Dwyer
Program Coordinator
ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum
Ashland, Oregon