From:
Chuck Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:37:20 -0500
To All,

FWIW, since I have a number of drone mother hives, cell builders, cell
finishers and breeder hives in yards all fairly close by while most of my
honey production hives are spread out over a 200 mile span it is to my
advantage to put my wet supers above a standard inner cover, not a Goble,
and let the girls take down the lickings in these hives. After they have
emptied the frames I will openly stack crisscrossed all my honey supers
with drawn comb under day-lit open shelter with a tin roof until needed.-
Plenty of light and air. I also use a bug zapper as a night light. I do
not have problems with wax moths nor small hive beetles using this method;
yet in the past I did the stack, paradichlorobenzene, and cover routine
with often mixed results. I gained this method from a beekeeper with over
30 years experience and have consulted with others who have commercial
operations and have confirmed this approach as one that is viable.

My own adaptation of this method helps to supplement feeding of my queen
operation between honey flows.

Sincerely,

Chuck Norton

Norton's Nut & Honey Farm