From:
Steve Bonine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:17:12 -0600
James Fischer wrote:

> Your money may be much better spent sending your own
> letters to your own congresscritters with your own stamps,

Do you have an indication that actual US Postal letters are more
effective than contacting congresscritters electronically?  It's very
easy these days to locate your senator/representative using http://
www.senate.gov/ and http://www.house.gov/ and to send them your
opinion electronically.  These sites also contain mailing addresses,
telephone numbers, and FAX numbers.  If I thought that traditional
mail was more effective, I'd use it . . . but I'd like to think that
it doesn't matter which actual delivery mechanism I use.

The cynic in me says that it won't matter . . . but the realist says
that the only way to be sure not to have any effect is to do
nothing.  I'd just like to maximize the return on  my time, and if
that means licking stamps, so be it.