From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:08:31 -0700
.Jerry wrote

> Its all about honesty and integrity.  Money can have a negative influence,
> but if it does, I'll bet the investigator would cook the data for other
> purposes, such as getting one more paper out, getting a promotion, etc.
>
> REAL scientists won't do that.  Note, I didn't say shouldn't or scientists
> in general -- even though we all know some that do.  From my vantage
point,
> its all about ethics, and you don't deserve the title of Scientist if
> you're not ethical.

 Hello Jerry and All,
 Real science has to be based on facts. The truth is what your looking for
and it takes the proper tests to prove  out an idea.
 In beekeeping we know very little. Man can not see the forest for the
trees. Bees are very complex and science is picking up information one piece
at a time. It is very important to get the proper facts or you will be led
down the wrong path and get lost out into space.
 I know Jerry does good work. First hand. What he has , should be used in
queen breeding. Some day it will.
He has an electronic eye on bee behavior. It is a wonderful tool.
We have a lot of wonderful scientist working with bees. We have a few that
just want a pay check. That's the nature of man as a whole. You can not gain
wisdom by cooking the books.
 Thanks to Jerry and those like him that have been doing GOOD research for
us.

Best Regards
Roy Nettlebeck
Tahuya River Apiaries