HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:48:44 -0700
Well...I know about the preservation there...but, this skeleton was
buried for a while (who knows how long) BEFORE the house was ever buried
by the mud slide that caused the anaerobic conditions.  It should have
been exposed to "normal" decomposition processes for at least some time.
I meant, if my dog's skeleton didn't 'survive' after only a few yrs
buried...why did this dog's bones...assuming it was not buried
immediately prior to the mudslide...sealing it in.