HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 07:35:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2007 7:25:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

thought  the small hand-helds went the way of the dinosaur?
i haven't seen any in  ages, but then again, i haven't been looking, so...
but i had planned to  get one for my notebook, once upon a time, for use in
the  library...

I saw a review recently for a pen scanner that was favorable. I bought one
of the earlier ones back in the early 90's and threw it away in disgust. If
you could move the scanner at an unvarying pace and in an exactly straight  line
the results came out distorted. Unless the technology has improved I
wouldn't waste my time. As I said though, the review I read was  favorable...
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/i_r_i_s_irispen_express_text_recognition_p
en_scanner