HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Patrick Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:38:15 -0500
I assume that the windmill was operating a pump, and while I am not
familiar with this particular technology, you are fortunate to have
someone in the Texas Tech history department who likely is: Professor
T. Lindsay Baker is an international authority on historic
windmills.  I'd suggest you try looking him up for advice.   Perhaps
you might start by looking at some of his publications, such as "A
Field Guide to American Windmills", U of Oklahoma Press, 1985.