HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Whitney Sprague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:27:11 -0400
Here in Indianapolis there is (as I'm sure you can imagine) more than one
ghost sign dedicated to some aspect of our car building and racing history.
My favorite is on the west side barn of the local city bus service.  It was
originally built by Fred and Ira Duesenburg as one half of their racing team
facility (the other building, which would have been next door, no longer
exists).  On one side of the building you can still see - very faint, mind -
"Dusenberg Racing Team".  Local history buffs, racing fans, lovers of the
Duesenburg family of cars, and even descendants of the racing teams are
working together to make sure the sign is saved (and if all possible
restored).