HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kris Oswald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:06:27 -0400
Likewise in the state of Michigan we have some so called Professional's

that give the Science's a bad name. I personally know a lot of amateur

Archaeologist's that are interconnected thru a State Chartered Society

Called the Michigan Archaeology Society with Many Chapter's throughout

the state and with each Chapter  doing excellent work not only with

historic , but with prehistoric as well with years of fieldwork under

their  belts. The Society program that our state has keeps the Pro and

the amateur working side by side on many project's under strict

guidelines and at site's that are selected on a need basis only. I think

it would be nice for you  to look at other state's Archaeology programs

before making a  blanket statement that all amateurs are

Pot hunter's ,grave robber's and Treasure Hunter's.

Kris Oswald