HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Al Tonetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:12:19 -0400
I also read the latest articles, and reading between the lines it seems to
me there could be more going on here than meets the eye.  Put yourself in
the landowners position.  If I was at an impasse with the state on the
purchase of my reportedly historically significant property because the
price being offered by the state was not what I thought it was worth, I'd
want to do something to show the state that it's worth more than they are
currently willing to offer.  Maybe I would let some professionally
experienced local archaeologists with an interest in the property dig around
a little hoping to find something that would get the the public's and the
state's attention, and increase the value of the land in question,
especially if they could locate that cemetery where some soldiers were
reportedly buried.

As is often the case, follow the money.

Al Tonetti
ASC Group, Inc.