HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:42:17 -0800
Friends and colleagues: The competitive results of this year's edition of
The Archaeology Channel International Film and Video Festival are posted at
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/content/film/filmawards_06.html.

The Festival, which took place March 7-11, featured many of the world's best
films and videos on archaeology and indigenous peoples, as well as an
in-person presentation ("Chaco Canyon: America's Stonehenge") by leading
author and archaeologist Dr. Brian Fagan.  Producers and distributors from
15 countries worldwide submitted 56 film entries to the Festival, of which
17 films from 7 countries were screened in front of the McDonald Theatre
audience.  Awards are listed in three categories: Best Film (by jury), Best
Use of Animation (by jury), and Audience Favorite, as well as a Special
Mention Award designated by the Festival jury.  The biggest winner of the
event was Queen of the Mountain (produced by Martha Goell Lubell), which was
the Audience Favorite as well as Best Film as chosen by the Festival jury.

Next year's edition of TAC Festival will take place May 1-5, 2007, at the
same venue and will feature Dr. Louise Leakey as Keynote Speaker.
Information on this event will be posted at
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/content/TACfestival.shtml.

TAC Festival is a companion program to our nonprofit streaming-media Web
site, The Archaeology Channel (http://www.archaeologychannel.org).  These
resources are available for your use and enjoyment.  We urge you to support
this public service by participating in our Membership
(http://www.archaeologychannel.org/member.html) and Underwriting
(http://www.archaeologychannel.org/sponsor.shtml) programs.  Only with your
help can we continue and enhance our nonprofit public-education and
visitor-supported programming.  We also welcome new content partners as we
reach out to the world community.

Please forward this message to others who may be interested and let us know
if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.

Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org