HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:52:39 -0500
Hi Folks,

Looking into setting up a thematic session for the Williamsburg 2007
meetings.  Pretty general at this time, but was thinking about settlement period (ca.
1830-1860) archaeology in the Midwest (Old Northwest, maybe broader).  ITARP
has been working a number of these sites this past year, including several
farmsteads and a small abandoned pre-Civil War community.  Obviously, much
latitude available this early in the planning process.  Not looking for specific
titles at this point, but general topics and some level of commitment, if we get
enough interest.

Please contact me off-list.  Thanks in advance.

Mark C. Branstner
Illinois Transportation Archaeological
Research Program
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana