HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:34:22 -0500
I was raised in Northern NJ and marbles and yo-yos were big when I
was in elementary school (to 66'). I think they both kind of died out
then, but I think jacks continued. Part of the problem with jacks
today is where to play. We have very few sidewalks in suburban
Richmond, VA (the standard place to play in NJ when I was a kid),
school yards no longer have paved playgrounds, and lots of driveways
are gravel. I do not encourage my kids to play in the street.