HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:03:25 -0400
I suppose I should clarify that what I am interested in is the
signature of a finery forge not a smithy. Very different process,
about all that would be the same is the presence of hammer scale.
This would have had a powered hammer, chaffery and at least one
finery hearth (assuming Walloon and not German technique).