From:
Rob Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:35:24 -0500
At 12:00 AM 1/14/2006, you wrote:
>One of the matters on top of my list of irresponsible behavior is
>prophylactic treatment for AFB.  Another is leaving mite strips in all
>winter.  Yet, NYS Apiary Inspectors tell beekeepers that they should do
>both!  Probably inspectors in some other states do that as well.

Prophylactic treatment for AFB, although probably the cause of much
more problems than it solves, is consistent with its labeling.
However leaving mite strips on all year is a violation of the
labeling, the epa, and, at least in our state, can get you slapped
with a fine from the State Chemists Office. For inspectors to cousel
beekeepers to violate the law should be a firing offense, should it not?