From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:59:34 -0800
--- Isis Glass <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Perhaps I am the only one, but I think it is a
> mistake to give away bees....

Worse yet, it's bad luck!

According to ancient beekeeping lore, honeybees are
very conscious of their dignity and it is an ill omen
to give away a hive.  Honeybees must be sold for a
fair price commensurate with their worth or bad luck
will follow.  It is also bad luck for the beekeeper of
the honeybees to be changed without the bees being
told.  You can inform them by knocking on the hive,
then telling them who their new beekeeper will be.  It
is also very important that honeybees are never moved
from one place to another without being told
beforehand (I find that informing the bees of their
new post zip code is sufficient here).  Every
beekeeper has the responsibility to maintain the
dignity of Gods little servants.

Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA
‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'