From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:55:20 -0000
Lloyd Spear wrote:
Of course, if we practiced beekeeping as in the
UK we would be smart enough to take our honey frame by frame, rather than
entire supers at a time.

Lloyd
Who have you been talking to???
I know of no-one who works that way in the UK - although there may be some
older beekeepers who will shake and brush frames one at a time if they are
unable to lift a full super.  I would not class it as 'smart' as any brace
comb will get broken and you end up with honey dripping everywhere - and at
the end of the season that, together with the time it all takes, is a
wonderful way to start robbing.

Peter Edwards