From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:08:48 -0400
>   because you've seen condensation?

Yes, but it doesn't seem to matter much. Mostly matters to the weak ones,
and they get dysentery sometimes. But, maybe they had other problems
anyway, and that's why they were weak. I'll probably create a few with
upper entrances for this winter, and see the difference.

>    side by side, over a full size colony?

Yes, but they are in one box with a solid divider, or a movable division
board feeder. So, there is no need for any oversized outer cover.

>Do you use a grain bag to absorb moisture?

Doesn't absorb much moisture, as it is a plastic grain bag and not burlap.
When you start the nucs, the grain bag in on top of the frames. The bees
push it up a bit, and make little burr comb channels. Some cross over the
frames through the channels. Great place for SHBs to hide!
Mike