From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:25:30 +0100
Hi Bob

> Both researchers I approached said if the chalkbrood problem had been
 > in testing in a US bee lab the research would have been stopped and a
 > new test set up.
>
> Chalkbrood can be a serious problem for the beekeeper! hives do not
 > thrive with chalkbrood problems. The simple solution would be to run
 > the test using another race of bee which is free of chalkbrood problems.

By changing course, because chalk brood is encountered is sidestepping
the problem. If chalk brood is a fact of life in the race being
experimented on, surely the test should go ahead. This gives the
researcher the opportunity to bring in other races if desired to run
parallel experiments and make comparisons.

Just changing race is ducking the issue.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)