ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Keese, Karen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:08:43 -0600

The Albuquerque museum community has struggled for some time, and
continues to struggle, with a strategy for implementing a city-wide
Museum Pass system. This is where a visitor purchases a pass that allows
them into all--or a combination of--area museums at a discount from the
a la carte ticket prices.

The main obstacle has been identifying who handles fulfillment and how
they disburse revenue to a variety of unrelated entities (State,
Federal, City, private foundation, university).

Since I believe this sort of pass exists elsewhere, I am wondering if
anyone could share how this obstacle was overcome in your area and
suggestions for fairly painless ways to implement this program.

Thanks much,

Karen Keese
National Atomic Museum
Albuquerque, New Mexico