HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chris Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:15:38 -0600
Hello HistArch list,
Smoke raises an important issue regarding the SHA abstract submission
process for the 2008 conference. Currently, the company we are using for
that service is in the the process of transition, so there will be a few
more weeks of waiting before the online abstract submission will be working.

Of course deadlines will be moved accordingly to accomodate this delay, and
we apologize for any inconveniences. Have a great day, and Smoke good luck
with this symposium I will have to come check it out myself.

Chris Merritt, PhD Student
University of Montana
SHA Webmaster

>From: Smoke <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: SHA 2008 Symposium on Fire Lookout Tower as Historical
>Archaeological Sites
>Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:30:37 -0500
>
>Howdy, Carl.
>
>Because I am the Arkansas state director for the Forest Fire Lookout
>Association (about 12-13 years), I am a USDA Forest Service Historical
>archaeologist, and have been studying them LONGER than the Forest
>Service Historian (30 years in my case).  They come to ME (and the
>other directors and authors I have known personnally for more than a
>quarter of a century) for information on Lookouts.
>
>But I find this typical of people who criticize things and people they
>do not know about.
>
>Smoke
>
>:-)
>

>On 4/5/07, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>How come youse guys aren't talking to the USFS Historian who has spent
>>many
>>years studyin these towers?
>>
>>But, I find this typical of archaeologists, in general.
>>
>>Carl Barna
>>Lakewood, CO
>>

>--
>Smoke Pfeiffer
>
>Absence of Evidence is NOT Evidence of Absence

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.