HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 03:29:34 -0400
Another point to consider is that people in those older generations
understood magic as much as most of us understand computers, email, and cell  phones.
I recall a physics prof who once said that we can describe electricity,  see
it, and measure it, but we really only have a theory as to what it is (same  as
the spark of life)..as opposed to knowing for a fact. Just as people today
take for granted computers and Blackberries work, so did people in our great
grandparent's time take for granted that certain objects had properties we now
describe as "magic." I doubt those people ever used the word magic. The great
 pity is that we have so few oral histories about what they did think when
they  created concealments.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.