HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:05:08 -0400
We are all in deep doo-doo if any SHPO is willing to turn a blind eye to
"just digging for digging's sake"--especially when human remains are
involved!!!!  I should think that SHPOs ought to be involved with issues
regarding archaeology and the law, not just review and compliance.  At the
very least, weighing in with strong statements to the effect that even
though this activity might be beyond their purview, it is illegal,
unethical, and reprehensible.

Mary B.