HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:27:04 -0500
I too read this story and it sounds fishy, perhaps the result of some
half-assed reporting.  Unless you have a signed chancery court order and a
state disinterment here in Mid TN, this would be considered a good example
of a Class E felony.  Maybe NY's laws are more lenient on private property
or maybe an unspoken court order etc. is in place for this site and the rich
guy just hired his buddies?  By the way, while reading the story I clicked
on the AP link for "Science" and the other stories that popped up along with
this one all read like sideshow exhibits of the late 19th early 20th
carnivals and fairs.

dan allen
Cumberland Research Group, Inc.
and GRA; the Center for Historic Preservation @ MTSU