HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Lockhart, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:39:47 -0700
I have recently received more requests for the Australian bottle study CD. I missed at least one person who asked for one earlier and sent two copies to at least one other person. Since I made a total of over 45 CDs and sent them out, there may have been more errors.

If I missed you, or if you were not on the list then, just ask, and I will send you a copy. These are completely free, although I will take donations. Thanks to the ones of you who sent money.

When I requested for people to include me on distribution lists for future bottle-related publications and to send any past ones, I was asked if that included studies from countries outside the US. The answer is a definite YES!!! Although the studies of our group revolve around US bottles, we are interested in all glass studies.

Currently, we are especially interested in US bottles that were exported. If you have access to US-made bottles used in other countries, please let me know. I received some great photos of New Zealand beer bottles made by Illinois-Pacific - from a collector in New Zealand. I would be delighted with any photos of similar bottles. I know several US firms in the 1920-1940 period had an extensive export trade. I can receive attachments - our system is pretty attachment friendly.

I am especially in need of information about a few bottles. If you have any bottles or information about any of the ones listed below, please let me know.

1. Milk bottles with S.G.Co. embossed on the heel.

2. Any bottles with S in a horizontally elongated diamond

3. S in a Star on milk bottles

4. Any milk bottles with numbers embossed on the rim (i.e., the very top of the finish). These were only made in California from ca. 1924 to 1932 (according to current information).

5. Does anyone have access to issues of the Pacific Bottler published prior to 1926? Since Pete Shulz joined our group, we have more resources in California but have been unable to find the older issues.

Thanks,

Bill Lockhart