HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:06:06 -0800
Yes, that would be the stereotypical connection/association, however, I
played marbles as a kid (but not too seriously, just in the backyard for
fun).  But, I was a tomboy (played with Trolls, but not dolls).  I
vaguely remember playing jacks, but they may have been someone elses and
I gave it a try.  I played with plastic army men and dinosaurs.  I'm
sure there are some still buried in my backyard.

I remember picking the cork out of behind bottle caps...same as peeling
off paint from a weathered picnic table, etc...just a nervous
habit(energy)...something to do.  But, with these postings, I'm gaining
a faint memory of maybe putting caps on cloth (but don't know what we
used as the backing, to hold them in)...or else it is a planted memory.
Ha ha.