HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:31:19 -0700
I don't know about here (San Diego - Ron's area)...but I do know that in
my grandparents home town in the Pyrennes Mts of Spain, families named
their houses (long ago)...and the name stuck with the house, no matter
who lived in it (but in most cases, there, I think at least one family
descendant has remained on the property over the yrs).  But, it wasn't
the family name (apparently).  My grandfather's family's house is called
"Casa Faschi" (not sure of the spelling)...but none of the relatives
know where Faschi (fashi) came from.  May be related to Roman 'fasces'
(ax in a bundle of sticks)..?

I havent heard of houses in San Diego being named tho...

BTW...candle is 'vela' in Spanish.  'candela' is light.  :o)