HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:36:29 -0400
Boston University announced last week that it would accept undergraduate and
graduate students from Tulane University for the fall semester, without charging
tuition.  I felt sheepish about posting this news given everything else that's
going on, but it appears that it is a good idea to spread this sort of news.
Here's the rub:  BU has NO housing whatsoever (a perennial problem) and Boston
is wicked expensive.  But if anyone wanted to do a semester's worth of work in
Archaeology, Preservation Studies, or whatnot, I imagine we could find
accommodations.  Info at http://www.bu.edu/ ; Director of Admissions for
Archaeology is Prof. Christopher Roosevelt ([log in to unmask]); for Preservation
Studies, Claire Dempsey ([log in to unmask]).  Prof. Dempsey tells me she's already
had inquiries about Preservation Studies.

Classes start at BU on Tuesday, but the University is willing to let people show
up a week later as they won't miss too much.

Mary C. Beaudry, PhD, RPA, FSA
Department of Archaeology
Boston University
675 Commonwealth Avenue