HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Elizabeth Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 17:31:56 -0400
Hello all,
   A friend of mine is looking for some information, so I thought I would
pass this along to the listserv in case anyone can help her out. Please
email back to me and I will pass it along.

Thanks in advance,
Elizabeth Hoag

I'm consulting on a film about Georgetown and the Gilbert & Bennitt
wire company in Gerogetown CT. This company was responsible for inventing
wire cloth and window screen. I am looking for any information about the
social impact of window screen on the development of the South after the
civil war. If by chance you have read anything about this, know someone
who might have or can think of where I might look, please let me know. I
know I've read this somewhere, now I just have to remember where.