From:
Aryeh Oron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:50:45 +0300
Search Works/Movements from Bach's Vocal Works

Have you ever wanted to find out:
- How many arias did Bach write for Soprano?
- What movements include alto solo with oboe?
- What movements were written for choir of SSATB?
- List of instrumental movements from cantatas (no choir or solo voices).
- List of movements for trio of singers.
- List of movements with 4 trumpets.
- What cantatas can be performed with tenor, bass and strings?
Etc.

All these questions and many others can be now easily answered.

Following requests from members of the BCML and other Mailing Lists,
as well as visitors of the Bach Cantatas Website, I have added a new
facility, which allows searching Bach's vocal works and/or movements
from them according to required combination of voices and instruments.
See: http://www.bach-cantatas.com/INS-Search.htm The guidelines how to
use the new facility appear also at the same page.  Several examples are
included as well.

I am glad to inform you that the database in now complete.  There are
2,385 records/pages of Cantatas BWV 1-215 (excluding non-Bach Cantatas),
as well as other vocal works BWV 225-524, BWV 1081-1089 & BWV 1127, and
all movements from them.

I hope you will find the new facility useful.  In the future I intend
to add to the relevant records/pages info connected to the CM & CT pages.

Since the database has been built manually, some errors might have slipped
in.  Please do not hesitate to report to me any error you find and /or
suggest corrections/improvements.

Enjoy,

Aryeh Oron
Bach and Jazz Music Fan