HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:45:48 -0400
Carol,

The Gauss Catarrh Elixir and the information that Jennifer Low provided on
the formula are interesting.  Catarrh can be translated as congestion
(mucus) mainly in the head and throat.  The formula that Street provided
was obtained by chemical analysis. The key ingredient is the "vegetative
extractive" and chemical analysis of organic plant extracts, especially in
the early 20th century, is not very illuminating.  This extractive would
have likely been very complex chemically.  The 14% alcohol might have been
needed to keep the plant extracts in solution.

Allen