HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 07:12:23 -0400
From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>

In a message dated 8/29/2006 6:00:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

This  cache of artifacts in Maryland wasn't concealed by a bowl as  far as I

can recall, and the symbols he referred to have not  been proven to be
African
or  "cosmological". And the  association of Africans with the  cache is
completely   inferential to begin  with....

So, let me get this  straight. You were present at the discovery of the
bowl?
Did anyone  present at the discovery say anything about African American
association with the feature?

No, I wasn't there, and sorry, I was mistaken on this. There was a  pearlware
bowl base  involved, but it had an asterisk mark rather than a  cross...

_http://www.bsos.umd.edu/anth/aia/Carroll%20House.htm_
(http://www.bsos.umd.edu/anth/aia/Carroll%20House.htm)

Carl