Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:03:37 -0800
8bit
From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
   What higher world prices? The packers are in business to make money from honey, generic term to many. They are going to get their supply from where they can at as low a price as they can, at the standard of quality that the customer demands.
     What we need is an end customer who is willing to pay more for our product. The only way we are going to find that customer is to bottle honey ourselves and then keep increasing the price until it doesn't sell. "If all of your customers are happy then you are loosing money." So says a friend of mine. If you want to get the maximum price for your honey you may have to go to Business School and apply the principles found there. If you want to keep bees and then gripe about not getting enough income to cover the cost of doing business, well you might be a farmer. Another friend of mine said one day when I was complaining about the packers price, "The best thing that you can do to help raise the price of honey is to go out of business." I guess he meant that he could sell more honey if we little guys weren't around.
     Sure we'd all like a living wage from working bees, but if that occured don't you think more people would get into beekeeping and then we'd be right back at square one.
     Enough all ready.
     Keeping my head above water, barely,
     Mark

  Mike in lower Alabama asks, "Is there a way that individually we can
hold out until the packers are forced to come up to the higher world
prices?"

Yahoo! Shopping