Condense Mail Headers

From:
Barry Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:54:00 EDT
I have spoken with beekeepers in the coast counties of Harrison (Biloxi,
Gulfport) and Jackson (Ocean Springs, MS) and learned that beekeeping in  those
areas is in pretty good shape. Several commercial outfits winter on that  part
of the Coast, but, if course, they weren't yet there. There is little
queen-rearing done there, so that aspect is moot. Having kept bees in the area  just
north of Biloxi/ Ocean Springs for 15+ years, I can appreciate "high water"
and the risks to colonies. Fortunately, it seems that most of the bees were
located in high ground areas. As regards folks in the mid-state area, I've yet
to get any solid information.
Barry Thompson
North Potomac, mD