HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Catherine Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:16:35 -0700
HISTARCHers and other friends:

I've reinstated my 20th Century Artifact Dating Guide on the internet. It's at

http://groups.msn.com/20thCenturyArtifacts/datingguide.msnw<http://groupsmsn.com/20thCenturyArtifacts/datingguide.msnw>

The site provides dates for the most common artifacts found on historical archaeological sites. I've provided references for each date range and a bibliography.

You do not need to join the group in order to access the site, although you DO need to join in order to participate in the message exchange that is part of the site. MSN will allow you to skip most of the information asked on the form you have to fill out in order to join.

MSN has also eliminated the really obnoxious advertising they used to put next to the content -- Thank God. I hated it.

My original intention was to make the site interactive. If folks have dates for other COMMON artifacts, with bibliographic references, I will be pleased to add those to the guide.

Enjoy!

Catherine H. Spude, PhD
7 Avenida Vista Grande #145
Santa Fe, NM 87508
505-466-1476

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire." Jenny Yates and Garth Brooks.