HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Laurie Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:37:55 -0400
I hope we continue to get the NPS Archaeology E-gram through Histarch.  I
find it helpful and informative, and this month I was struck by the move of
ARPA from NPS Archeology Program to the National NAGPRA office.  It seems
surprising since many known and many yet-to-be-discovered historic sites
with no Native-American components are equally covered under ARPA, but
NAGPRA deals with repatriation to federally recognized tribes.  Any thoughts
on this?  Are there any changes we should anticipate?

Laurie